Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Little Garden

First I need to let you know that I have a small garden located in little vignettes around the lawn located next to my rental home so I have limited space to work with. Sometimes things get a little out of control around here as I work on art and crafts so weeding and thinning in the garden sometimes slides to the bottom of the list.
This year the poppies got totally out of control (the constant rain for over a month played a part I am sure) and they kind of took over one whole side of my tiny front garden section.
Still the blooms were note-worthy and beautiful and although they didn't last but a week the color was awesome!
I do have some fabulous irises I will be photographing and posting about later too.
I hope your garden is finally off to a good start, weather notwithstanding. Happy digging!

Tina xo

6 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures!!!! I've been admiring the poppies that are blooming in the median on my way to work--All I can think of is how great it would be to take a picture of them with the dogs--But somehow I think doing that in 6 lanes of traffic may not be the best idea! :-)

    Have you ever painted poppies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, poppies! How very lovely!
    I am delighted to know that your peony is finally showing buds...patience is the watchword for peonies...they can be fickle.

    Keep your hands dirty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, I can't get poppies to grow at all here in Tennessee. But yours are divine, let them take over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..such gorgeous radiant poppies...and beautiful photos..they carry such magic,,,and the colors are so rich and beautiful! Lovely blog..yay..it is fabulous Tina...wonderful!! Happy gardening!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely posies, Tina. I so love poppies...although in AZ they don't last a minute because of the heat.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it truly makes my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo