Monday, September 7, 2009

BEGINNING THE JOURNEY

I am an artist but it took me 58 years to be comfortable making that statement. Why? I think part of the reason was my mistaken belief that without a fancy art degree what I created was slightly less than worthy of recognition or acclaim. It was on beginning to study my family while doing genealogy that I realized that I came from a long line of very artistic people. I had acquired gifts at birth that I was squandering because of fear. Ahhh the unknown. That vast dark chasm that looms just ahead, daring me to step closer to the edge. Today I close my eyes, take a deep breath and leap into...into....the life of an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it truly makes my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo